DuckStation is a Arcade game developed by Stenzek,
DuckStation is an simulator/emulator of the Sony PlayStation(TM) / PSX / PS1 console, focusing on playability, speed, and long-term maintainability. The goal is to be as accurate as possible while maintaining high performance.
A "BIOS" ROM image is required to start the emulator and to play games. A ROM image is not provided with the emulator for legal reasons, you should dump this from your own console using Caetla or other means. These are usually dumped as "scphNNNN.bin" or "ps-NNN.bin", where NNNN is the model number or ROM version, and should be 512KB in size. Games are NOT provided with the emulator, it can only be used to play legally purchased and dumped games.
DuckStation supports cue, iso, img, ecm, mds, chd, and unencrypted PBP game images. If your games are in other formats, you will need to convert or re-dump them. For single track games in bin format, you can use https://www.duckstation.org/cue-maker/ to generate cue files.
- OpenGL, Vulkan (recommended) and software rendering
- Upscaling, texture filtering, and true colour (24-bit) in hardware renderers
- Widescreen rendering in supported games (no stretching!)
- PGXP for geometry precision, texture correction, and depth buffer emulation (fixes texture "wobble"/polygon fighting)
- Adaptive downsampling filter
- 60fps in PAL games where supported
- Per-game settings (set enhancements and controller mapping for each game individually)
- Up to 8 controllers in supported game with multitap
- Controller and keyboard binding (+vibration for controllers)
- RetroAchievements in supported games (https://retroachievements.org)
- Memory card editor (move saves, import gme/mcr/mc/mcd)
- Built in patch code database
- Save states with preview screenshots
- Blazing fast turbo speeds in mid to high end devices
- Emulated CPU overclocking to improve FPS in games
- Rewinding (do not use on slow devices)
- Controller layout editing and scaling (in pause menu)
DuckStation supports both 32-bit/64-bit ARM, and 64-bit x86 devices. However, due to it being a more accurate emulator, hardware requirements can be moderate. If you have a 32-bit ARM device, please do not expect the emulator to perform well - you will need at least a 1.5GHz CPU for good performance.
**For high upscaling (more than 2x) you will need at least a mid range device. This is because of how many pixels the emulator needs to render/shade - it is not a question of optimization.**
Game compatibility list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H66MxViRjjE5f8hOl5RQmF5woS1murio2dsLn14kEqo/edit?usp=sharing
1. Install and run the app for the first time.
2. Add game directories by tapping the add button and selecting a directory. You can add additional directories afterwards by selecting "Edit Game Directories" from the menu.
3. Tap a game to start. When you start a game for the first time it will prompt you to import a BIOS image.
If you have an external controller, you will need to map the buttons and sticks in settings.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. This project is not affiliated in any way with Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Duck icon by icons8: https://icons8.com/icon/74847/duck
This app is provided under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives International License (BY-NC-ND 4.0, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Games shown are:
- Hover Racing: http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636
- Fromage: https://chenthread.asie.pl/fromage/
- PSXNICCC Demo: https://github.com/PeterLemon/PSX/tree/master/Demo/PSXNICCC
DuckStation Mod Version FAQ
What about the DuckStation Mod ?DuckStation is a modified MOD APK with additional features and ongoing upgrades.
How can I download the DuckStation Mod
You can easily download the latest version of DuckStation from Apkclues.Visit https://www.apkclues.com and search for the APK name in the search bar. Select the desired APK and start downloading. The download process is free and you don't need to worry about extra charges.
How about the download speed?
Apkclues attaches great importance to user experience. All of our games have used CDN global network acceleration. No matter where you are in the world, you can achieve high-speed downloads. This is why we have an advantage over other sites.
Is DuckStation Mod safe?
Apkclues is a well-known Android marketplace dedicated to providing users with trustworthy APKs. All Android apps and games available on Apkclues are rigorously scanned and tested. Any APK downloaded from Apkclues, it is completely safe.
Why cannot install the DuckStation mod?
1. Apkclues only provides applications for Android devices, and you must ensure that you have an Android device.
2. Check your device system, our apk needs to meet at least Android 5.0 +.
3. Check your device storage capacity.
4. You should uninstall the original version of the DuckStation app, the signature will conflict with the mod version.
5. You need to allow installation of unknown resources on your Android device.